Things you can do right now on OpenChecklist.net:
- register for a free account and then update your collecting profile with information about you and your interests
- search / browse existing checklist data of over 2,500,000 cards
- add links to your OpenChecklist collector account to all of your sites and forum posts by using links found here
- upload card scans, front or back, to share with fellow collectors
- read our FAQ to find out more about the current features and future plans of OpenChecklist
- or leave feedback for the OpenChecklist team
2000 MLB Showdown 1st Edition #63 Mike Timlin
Spring means new thingsMarch 20, 2013
Spring is nearly here for those of you in the northern hemisphere and with it brings new things to OpenChecklist.
Along with the new logo will be a set of updated graphics. Next you will be asking when will we see them?
The answer to that is Saturday March 23rd. On that day from 8am CDT to 12noon CDT OpenChecklist will be offline for maintenance.
In addition to the graphics changes, an updated password storage method will be implemented. It will require a password reset after the maintenance has completed. An email asking you to reset your password will automatically be sent at the end of maintenance.
Find the long list of content updates in the full news post.
Happy New Year!January 4, 2013
A new years resolution to our users.
OpenChecklist is here to stay. 2012 has seen many milestones accomplished:
- Broke 2.5 million card mark
- Now over 45,000 sets
- Kept up-to-date with all of the new 2012 releases for Baseball, Football, Basketball and Hockey
- Updated players for Basketball and Hockey up to the 2011/12 season, Baseball updated for the 2012 season
Here are the milestones planned for 2013:
- Break the 3 million card mark
- Back fill the missing sets from 2006-2011 on Football, Basketball and Hockey
- Update players for Football missing from the 2006-2012 seasons
- Continue to improve the website whenever possible and look for new features to add
Be sure to visit the news section for a full listing of everything updated since June.
How you can helpJune 7, 2012
Missing Sets Tracker
Interested in what sets we are working on? This Google Docs spreadsheet lists everything we currently know as missing from our database. If you know a missing set, send it in via the Feedback function. We'll add it to this list. Be sure to include a link to the checklist if you've found the data.
Football Players Missing Birth Dates
We have a list of Football players from 2006-2011 ready for import, but can't do it yet. Many of our currently listed Football players are missing their birth date. The birth date is a crucial piece of data that keeps duplicate players from being created. Inputting all of the missing birth dates is a large task. Would you like to take a letter and work on the players that have a last name starting with that letter?
This Google Docs spreadsheet is how we are tracking this project. Send us Feedback about what letter you would like to work on and we will put your username down. Once this project is complete we can import the pending list.
Take a look at the updates made in April and May by visiting the News
Share your lists with our Lists featureApril 10, 2012
Many collectors call various other websites their hobby home. Forums such as TheBench
. OpenChecklist is primary goal is to be the best tool to manage your hobby inventory. To that end we want to make it easier to post your Trade List, your Sale List, or your Want List at these and other community driven websites.
Today we have pushed out a new OpenChecklist feature. From any Set, Player/Character, or Team page you will see links for Lists just below the links for "My Checklist / My Inventory / My Wantlist". These links are Trade List, Sale List and Want List. These links generate pre-formatted lists in the markup code of your choice. Currently supported is vBcode, bbcode, wiki and wordpress.
Check the News
section for more information about Lists.
Baseball sets nearly completeMarch 29, 2012
There are a few missing 2010 baseball sets due to lack of data. We will be continuing to look for more information on those while we move on to 2011. It is a good feeling to be closing the data gap on at least one sport. We continue to look for volunteer experts in other subject areas.
Changes to OpenChecklist in the last month:
- New search engine - using Search should be more flexible with your search terms
- We are on Twitter! Follow us to get immediate content updates (@OpenChecklist).
- My Collection has new links under the Brands section. You can now get a list of the sets where you have inventory or wantlist items under each brand. Click on the Personal Collection number to see the list.
For a long list of Sets added in March visit the News
Copyright 2013, OpenChecklist